The big question is whether or not you’re ready to become a bookie.
Things to Consider Before Becoming a Bookie
So, are you ready to become a bookie? You should consider the following things to help determine if you’re ready or not. Frankly, anyone can be a bookie, but there are some things to consider.
- Where Do You Live: The laws and regulations bookmakers have to follow varies by country, but we always recommend that our clients gain an understanding of the laws where they live.
- Do You Have Clients: You need clients to run a bookie. You can’t become a bookie agent until you have at least one client. Ensuring you have a player base is important. The best plan of action is to discuss your idea with friends/family to gauge their interest in betting.
- How Are Your Finances: Starting an offshore sportsbook is affordable thanks to our PPH service ($10/head), but you still need money to payout any winning clients early on.
- Collection Methods: Speaking of paying out players. You should formulate a plan to receive and send money to your clients. Local PPH bookies often deal with cash to limit any trail, but if you want to accept players that aren’t local, you’ll need to have a way to collect/pay.
- How Busy Are You: Are you already working 60-hour weeks? While there are thousands of bookies operating on a part-time basis, you still need to put in the hours, especially while growing.
- Betting Limits: Most new bookies don’t consider betting limits. It’s important to set limits on each client for two reasons. First off, you don’t want your clients losing more than they can’t afford to lose and secondly, you don’t want to take a huge loss that you can’t afford to pay.
As you can see, there are no strict requirements to become a bookie agent. However, there are some things you should definitely consider prior to launching. You should have a business plan and know how to answer each of the questions I proposed in the bullet points above.
What’s the Next Step?
So, you’ve determined that you’re now ready to become a bookie agent.
The next step is signing up at Become the Bookie.
You need bookie software and a team behind you to launch an offshore sportsbook. We provide you with everything required to become a bookie today and you can get started using our free trial.
Our advanced tools and technology allow anyone to operate a secure online sportsbook.
You bring your clients and we provide just about everything else. We handle the software, website, development, support and odds management. Your job is to recruit clients, keep your current clients happy and handle all of the money (deposits/withdrawals), while pocketing the profits.